A key to traveling smart lies in being able to organize yourself and this can be done properly even with a pen and paper, however in the modern world this is highly unnecessary, even impractical. Luckily for you there is a wide array of applications for your phone or tablet that may help you greatly in organizing your trip and utilizing it to the fullest. Regardless if you travel for pleasure or for business, this is a helping hand that you simply cannot turn down.
1. SkypeOne of the most important things on a trip is maintaining the communication with your business partners, your friends and your family. Still, the cost of international phone calls that frequent could often turn out to be even more expensive than the trip itself. By installing Skype on your mobile device, what you get are free calls and messages at all times, provided that you manage to find a free Wi-Fi, which is after all not that hard.
2. Mail applicationHere, we went a bit wider since you can either use Gmail, Yahoo or Outlook app with pretty much the same effect. Most of the modern subscriptions are in virtual form so you won’t have to cancel them while on a longer trip. Apart from this, your mail and your bills will also be allowed to travel unobstructed. A true saving grace in form of a mobile device application.
3. Microsoft Office ApplicationAs we mentioned before, pen and paper has always been the way for you to organize anything properly and this is where Microsoft Office Mobile Phone application fits perfectly. Use Microsoft Excel to organize your trip, manage your traveling expenses or create a timetable. The possibilities that this program offers are great indeed so it wouldn’t be such a bad idea for you to enlist on an Excel training course in order to improve your knowledge in this useful program.
4. Google CalendarThis application, which can be installed on your PC or mobile device is yet another cunning way in which you can in no time organize yourself and your free time. Just use this application to create a sound timetable and ensure that the organization of your trip is completely sound and fail-proof.
5. TrippeoThis application, takes care of your finances while you are on a trip and help you with the expense management issue. Business trip is usually something that is supposed to bring you profit, so it is in your best interest that your keep your expenses in check. This is also useful for those who plan a trip within a budget. Trippeo is connected to your credit card but also has an option of recognizing the price of something from a bill that you have taken picture of. You can install it on your phone, tablet or laptop and check how much you spent on your trip at any time.
6. XE CurrencyEven if you are completely familiar with a foreign currency, it is sometimes hard to calculate some irregular or minor expenses such as cab fares or tips, this is where you should use XE currency. This way, you will in a matter of seconds be able to calculate the precise worth of your own currency in a foreign country and the other way around; truly a handy tool.
7. UberThere is nothing more inconvenient than driving in a city that you visit for a very first time, so if you planned on renting a car we urge you to reconsider. Another thing that poses a slight problem is a fact that you are unfamiliar with local cab companies and their reputation which means that your best solution is probably to install Uber app on your mobile device and worry no more. Even apart from this, a multitude of people claim that Uber is in many ways superior to their taxi counterparts.
8. GateGuruAfter you step off of a plane, train or a bus you know where you are heading first, still if you decide to grab a cup of coffee first or feel a sudden urge to eat you are in quite an unfavorable position. This is where you should use GateGuru, a travel application which is specifically designed to inform you of all the places of interest in your vicinity. An application that no modern traveler should leave their home without.
9. YelpOn a business trip, you will often lack the time to completely explore the local cuisine and when that happens, do not allow yourself to be prevented from visiting at least some of the best restaurants in the area. Yelp can help you achieve this because through coordinating between your phone’s GPS and the local ZIP area code, Yelp can in no time inform you of all the restaurants in your vicinity as well as their most recent ratings and reviews.
10. DropboxIf there is any data, business or personal, that you simply cannot part with and you do not want to forget, Dropbox is the solution. Anything that you carry in physical form can be lost, stolen or forgotten but once you store something in your Dropbox, you ensure that it is safe and sound and that you will always have it at your disposal.
Key to succeeding at anything lies in one simple word, organization. With the proper amount of will and just the right organization you can easily ensure that your travels are much smarter organized and that they are molded for your convenience and pleasure only.